Former ADA group members
and students / postdocs supervised by Holger
Zhizhou Fang (MSc 2022)
Job Vink (MSc 2022)
Oliver König (MSc 2022)
Christie Bavelaar (BSc 2021)
Maxime Casara (MSc 2021)
Amin Moradi (MSc 2021)
Siyuan Dong (MSc 2021)
Jaco Tetteroo (MSc 2021)
- now an Azure Data Specialist at Fortezza
Victor Neuteboom (MSc 2021)
Richard Middelkoop (BSc 2021)
Nelly Rosaura Palacios Salinas (MSc 2021)
Gilles Ottervanger (MSc 2021)
- now a software engineer at Google
Zhou Zhou (Visiting PhD candidate 2019-2020)
Christiaan Lamers (Visiting post-doc 2019-2020)
- now a Python software engineer at Ordina
Daniël Fokkinga (MSc 2019)
Yi Chu (visiting PhD candidate 2019)
- now a PhD candidate at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Yanyan Xu (visiting associate professor 2019)
- now an associate professor at Bejing Forestry University, China
Steven Ramage (MSc 2015)
- co-supervised with Kevin Leyton-Brown at UBC; now Project Leader at QuickMobile, Canada.
Frank Hutter (PhD 2009; Postdoc 2009-2013)
- co-supervised with Kevin Leyton-Brown at UBC; now Professor of Computer Science at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany.
[LinkedIn ∙ Google Scholar]
Christopher Thornton (MSc 2013)
- co-supervised with Kevin Leyton-Brown at UBC; now at Google, USA.
Massih Korvash (MSc 2009)
- co-supervised with David Kirpatrick at UBC.
Mirela Andronescu (PhD 2008)
- co-supervised with Anne Condon at UBC; now a Research Scientist at BC Cancer Research Centre, Canada.
Rosalía Aguirre-Hernández (PhD 2007)
- co-supervised with Anne Condon at UBC; now a Research Scientist at Contextual Genomics, Canada.
Camilo Rostoker (MSc 2007)
- co-supervised with Alan Wagner at UBC; now Director of Product Development at Benevity, Canada.
Sanja Rogic (PhD 2006; Postdoc 2006-2007)
- co-supervised with Alan Mackworth and Francis Ouellette at UBC; now a Research Scientist at the University of British Columbia, Canada, Canada.
Alena Shmygelska (PhD 2006)
- now Technical Product Lead in (Machine Learning/Bioinformatics) at Human Longevity, USA.
Igor Naverniouk (MSc 2005)
- now a Software Engineer at Google, USA.
Jürgen Kilian (PhD 2004)
- co-supervised with Hermann K.-G. Walter at TU Darmstadt; now Founder and President, Kilian IT Consulting, Germany.
Kevin Smyth (MSc 2004)
- now a Software Engineering Manager at Apple, USA.
Viann Chan (MSc 2004)
- co-supervised with Anne Condon at UBC;
Andrew Kwon (MSc 2003)
- co-supervised with Raymond Ng at UBC; now a Research Scientist at RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Japan.